Tuesday, April 28, 2009

EFY here we come.....

Not only will Allison be planning her wedding this summer, but she will be an EFY counselor again for Denton and San Antonio sessions! Whoohoo! I know she is excited not only did she love attending EFY every year as a teenager but I know that she Loved, Loved, Loved being a counselor last year! I really thought that maybe she had turned down the contracts because I hadn't heard anything about it but tonight as we were talking about when she would be returning to Utah before the wedding she said...."I can't go until after EFY is over" and I said, "Oh, so you are doing EFY" and I kind of got a DUH....kind of thing. Which I agree Duh....I love the spiritual testimony building experiences she gets to have as well as GIVE....I wouldn't want her to miss it either!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow.. planning a wedding and attending EFY sessions! Your daughter is quite the go-getter! She will do great!

Kim said...

It's good to be busy doing GOOD things.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

How fun to be able to do that again! She'll always be able to look back and remember what she learned from that experience! Good for her!

Mona said...

Lois: As you know from this week's Musing: "The Brightest Generation", I have been a presenter for EFY, and I know from experience (as well as my kids going as participants) that the REAL IMPACT of EFY is the COUNSELORS (not the speakers). What a wonderful wonderful thing for Allison and the youth she will be influencing!

Lois Brown said...

Thanks everyone! And since she will be married after this summer it will be her last chance to be a counselor.......so I'm very happy for her to have this last thing she can do single!

And who knows, as I believe Allison is exactly like you Mona and amazing in so many ways maybe she too will get to be a speaker someday!

Ashlee said...

That is super exciting! I wish I had had the opportunity to be a counselor for a second year! Have fun Alison!!