Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Nephew Jimmie's Wedding

My nephew Jimmie got married December 23, 2010, in Iola, Kansas. So of course for the family that lives here in Texas it meant.....ROAD TRIP!!!! We love road trips.



My sister, Elizabeth, was the music for this event and the one playing the wedding march, so she had to be to the Rehearsal that was at 11:00 am the day of the wedding (I was her official page turner). So while everyone else was driving 7 hrs the day of the wedding (Thursday), Elizabeth, Alan, Aileen, and I decided to leave Wednesday night drive to Tulsa, Stay at the Marriott and then get up and drive the last 3 hrs Thursday morning!


We had so much fun caravaning and using our walkie, talkie's to keep in contact with each other.

Then when we got to Iola, we stayed at a Super 8 which of course was not as nice as the Marriott, but nice enough for us to hang out at after the rehearsal until the Wedding and Reception that night!



My Brother-in-law, JP, and Sister, Kim, made the wedding cakes, which I was amazed at because I wouldn't even know how to start.





While Elizabeth and I were up on the stage because Elizabeth was playing prelude music, I watched Jimmie come in go over to Alan and do the side man hug hand shake thing that men do and then I watched him go over to Aileen and give her a kiss on her head with a hug and I thought to myself....."Oh I love that boy". It was a special moment to witness. Something done when you don't know that someone is watching - means a great deal!





It was a lovely service and while not extravagant decorations very nicely done and it did look beautiful! And the Bride and Groom were so happy.....that's really all that matters!!!




My Nephew, Andy, the Marine, and his wife Katy were in Iola for the Holiday's which is the main reason Jimmie had is weddiing at this crazy time of year was so that Andy could be his best man.



Andy is being sent overseas in 2011. Which is why Katy and Andy eloped and just informed us later.....but they say that they are going to have an official Wedding Reception etc.... which we will all be invited to! We look forward to celebrating their union with them!



Then Elizabeth and I headed back for Texas Thursday night after the Reception because we had to get ready for the Big Christmas Eve dinner and family get-together at Elizabeth's home that has always been our tradition. We had to get the turkey and ham going with all the other trimmings! Alan stayed with Aileen at the motel and then drove home Friday, caravaning with Dad and Barbara.

No comments: