Monday, May 21, 2012

Weddings and other fun things.....

I'll start with the fun stuff first.....Scott Hepworth one of my former Seminary Students got married this past weekend in the Dallas Temple and had an Open House Saturday night!!  Rebecca Albright, his mother is one of my dearest and longest friends since moving here to Texas, so of course I wanted to help any way that I could.  I helped decorate and then worked the kitchen the night of the open house keeping things full and available so that Rebecca and her mother did not have to worry and could just visit all the guests that came and they did have a great turn out!!

 Scott & Shanita Hepworth

MaryAnn Stephens, Becky Wangler and Me with our friend and Mother of the groom Rebecca Albright.  She is the reason we all wanted to help!! 

I was in charge of deciding which of the awesome pictures MaryAnn took at the temple to blow up with the magic help of Kinko's and then decorate the room with them!

Rebecca really got emotional when she saw the family in front of the temple blown up to 24 x 36!!

The bride was amazed and loved the wedding portrait that I once again with the magic of Kinko's had ready for the Open House!

It was a wonderful night...but I'm not going to lie after 5 hrs in the kitchen I was exhausted and my feet ached....but what is aching feet between friends.....NOTHING!!  I'm so happy that Rebecca was pleased and thrilled with everything and that Scott and Shanita were so happy with everything and that it was a beautiful night!!

Friday night we came up after 9:00 pm to decorate the room and get everything ready for Saturday's Open House.  After we were done at about 11:45 we (Becky, Shawna, and I) decided to go to a Midnight movie and saw "What to Expect when Expecting" and I have to say it was really good, it made you laugh, it made you cry, you felt a whole roller coaster of emotions and it ended well.  And for me that is a good movie!!


Last week on Wednesday was Aileen first doctor visit with her new Doctor.  Alan had to take her because the only appointment time we could get was while I was at work.  But Aileen really seemed to like her.  She is a younger woman, and I am glad its a woman as Dr. Eden her previous Dr. was a woman too and she seems to relate well with them and let them treat her easier than some!!  So that is a relief that it all went well and that Aileen was comfortable with her and she seemed really nice and good with disabled patients!

This week is exciting and we are praying very hard because John comes to Tyler, Texas for a job interview for getting an masters internship to proceed with his schooling now that he has his Bachelors!  Here is to hoping for the job, but knowing that God has a plan and what is best for John and Allison will happen....but as a Mom, I really hope it comes true!!

No comments: