Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Texas in the winter time is great.......

There is none of that silly cold weather and snow....its 70 degrees or better outside.....for the past week we've been running the air conditioner because it was in the 80's.  It's a beautiful thing - no scraping ice off your windshield, shoveling your driveway, slow weather traffic, no coats to lug around....ahhhh, this is the life!

With Christmas coming soon, I have been staying up doing all sorts of projects and still worried I won't get them all done.  But I got a big one done last night so I'm happy about that!!

And my favorite thing about Christmas is getting Christmas cards!!  But I am worried this year as I will be sending mine late because our family will not be all together for a family picture until Dec. 22nd.  With postage costs and the costs of the cards themselves, I know that a lot of people only send cards to those they receive them from.....I don't do that, because I get far less then I send out, but this is a tradition I am stubbornly sticking to because it not only brings me such joy to send our family update out, but I love, love, love to walk out to the mail box and have fun cards, pictures and letters from those we miss and love from all over!!  And I morn that fact that this is a lost tradition for so many!  I do get it though....it is expensive!

No comments: