Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bowling and Cards......

Friday, Alan had the day off, so we kept Aileen home and once I got off work at noon, we decided to go bowling!!  We had a lot of fun, Aileen usually beats me, which yay for Aileen.  But one of the significant things about this time of going bowling is that Alan actually bowled with us.  In the past he has always just helped Aileen and then been worn out from that, but he felt for the first time after loosing 80+ lbs, that he could actually bend over and bowl!  For all of us it was a great time because Dad participated!  I think he loved it too and we (Alan & I) talked on the way home about how much our life has changed since we have lost weight.  We are not just watchers now, we are doers!!  It feels good!  Miss Charlotte wanted to bowl too and sometimes she helped Aunt Aileen!  Then of course as we have done every night since the kids got back to Texas, we played cards!  I think, finally Friday night, John and Allison beat Alan and I!!



 

No comments: