Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ft. Worth Symphony!

Tonight my dear friend Carol invited me to attend the Ft. Worth Symphony with her. It was amazing and it has been so very long since I have been able to enjoy something like that! It also reminded me of a earlier life! But that was a different season for me.

They had a 14 yr. old pianist, Conrad Tao, who is a prodigy and not only a proficient on the piano, but the violin, and a composer. He has won all sorts of acclaim and awards and is studying with all the masters! It was fabulous!
Another interesting thing that I have never seen before is the conductor conducted the first piece both movements without any music all from memory! I think if I was a musician in this symphony under his direction that would scare me. But it was impressive.
I could not have had a nicer time!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time.