Sunday, April 11, 2010

Some highlights!

Thursday night I got home about 12:30 am from the Hospital and this is what was waiting for me at the top of the stairs! It made my heart cry to know that I have been either at work or at the hospital for so long that when and if I did come home it was either when she was asleep or at Day Care! So we had a midnight picnic in my bed with Aileen's favorite food and diet coke and we snuggled some (which if you know autism, that is a rarity, so it was a HUGE bonus) then she got up and went to bed seeming to be content. I love being Aileen's mom.

Saturday Alan went to a Court of Honor for one of his Scouts, from when he was Scoutmaster, who was getting his Eagle! These are always special moments for Alan but this time was extremely special because the Eagle Scout gave him an award that the Eagle Scout can give to someone who played a important role in him getting his Eagle. It is a HUGE honor and Alan received this special recognition. I wish I would have been there to see it, but I took a picture of him when he got home with his pin. Its on the right lapel when looking at this picture. Anyway, it really meant a lot to Alan and I was very proud of him.

I did get one break from the Hospital that kind of ended up being a little bit for me, one of my Visiting Teaching ladies was having a very hard time and called me to see if I could break away and do something with her so that she could talk. So even though I felt extremely guilty that I was not up at the hospital....when Alan came home from his Eagle Court of Honor I went with this dear friend to see the movie "Date Night" It was very funny and I think not only good for my friend, but good for me. And I was able to be there for her and listen to her concerns about the trial she is going through right now! But I have to say, if it would not have been a "cry for help" from one of the sisters I visit teach I probably would have said, no, I need to be up at the hospital with my Dad. Maybe Heavenly Father knew I needed this time away before Dad comes home today.

Last, after 1 1/2 weeks of doing what the Dermatologist has told me to do, I thought I would show you a picture of what my psoriasis looks like now! Amazing! It will be interesting to see how it all ends up.
To see what it looked like 1 1/2 weeks ago go to this post .

2 comments:

Mona said...

Sweet sweet life. Sweet Aileen. Don't feel too bad about the skin...I had shingles for four months last year!

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Aileen is so wonderful! I'm happy that the two of you were able to snuggle. I miss her so much!

I'm so happy that Daddy got honored. :)

Very happy that your arm is looking so much better! Keep it up!!

Love you. *Hugs*