Thursday, April 1, 2010

Itching and scratching and scabbing oh my.......

Yesterday I went to the Dermatologist to see about getting some help for my psoriasis. A little over due, but with the wedding etc.... I have been putting it off. And now I know I was right to do so....even with my Rx discount from my Insurance I still ended up spending $185.00 for the boat load of stuff I have to use, take, apply, soak in etc.... but I have taken a picture last night of what my arm looked like pre-regimen (it was after I had already applied meds etc...., but still nothing works instantaneously, so it should still work) and in 4 - 6 weeks we will see if there is any difference. All the School students are doing science fair projects.....well, this is the Adult version if you would like to play along!!!!

The Doctor injected the big bad sore on my back with something, so it will be interesting to see what that does as well.

It was funny, I waited for 1 1/2 hrs to see the Doctor and he stayed all of 3 minutes in the room and looked at everything and then just started running off a list of things I was going to need to do and take and then said, "We are going to clear this up for you, but only if you put I what I tell you on your psoriasis only and do everything exactly I tell you to do"! To which I said, o.k.!

But we shall see.....
Then he was out the door and off to the next room! I had to chuckle. So, I was telling the Doctor I work for about the experience and he and his wife both said, that's because he is a genius! My Doctors wife has been going to him for 30 yrs and he has taken care of anything and everything for her she swears by him. She said he can look right at you and tell what's wrong without you saying anything, she said, and he clears it right up.
There must be soemthing to him because I also had another funny experience standing in line at Walmart's pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Allison while she was home for Christmas and this women kept staring at my arms and finally she said, "my Doctor can clear that right up". So I asked her who her Doctor was and she said....this particular Doctor that I am going to.
So not only do other Doctors swear by him, but his patients do as well.....so their is hope!

No comments: