Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring + Blue Bonnets = Texas!



We have lived in Texas for 7 yrs now and every spring I say that I want to go and take pictures of my girls in the blue bonnet fields that bloom in spring! Every year something happens, like waiting too long, too busy with other activities to take a moment and make the trip, or the fact that not all of my girls were here and it just didn't feel right to take the picture with only 2 of the 3 girls, or only Aileen!!! But since that is who our family is now that we are Empty Nester's, just Aileen, Alan and I, it didn't seem wrong somehow this year to go and take the pictures! I also think that this life is so short that its a shame to not take advantage of the memories while you can. These past 6 months have really taught me if nothing else....life is too short to not make memories whenever possible! Not only did I lose my mother from this life, but my father had 2 heart attacks in a matter of days just recently and had to have triple bypass surgery. A family who are very dear friends to us loss their 25 yr old son in a tragic accident, and in our church family tragically a 17 yr old young man was shot when he disturb some robbers in his home just because he came home for lunch a few days ago! This life is too precious....... and can change on a dime..... so it is so important to cherish your time together!



So.......we took pictures in the blue bonnets today and it brought us all a lot of joy!



Spring is here and I love spring for what it represents with the Resurrection of the Savior! That I know that he lives! I know that all these dear ones that we have lost, live again and are in such a glorious place and with their Heavenly Father and Savior!



Tomorrow is my mother's birthday! I think she would be please with how we have continued on in faith and that we are trying to be better people in this life so that we will be able to see her again! That we are trying to continue her legacy of service. And that the Gospel and the Savior are the center of our lives! Love you Mom, and we miss you for now, but know that we will be together again!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful photos. I love the flowers here in spring. I remember my first trip to Texas was during April and seeing the people stop at the side of the interstate to snap a photo of their family or kids in the bluebonnets. Thought it was kinda strange at the time but have come to realize what a tradition it is here.

Amber Joy said...

those are some very sweet pictures. and what fabulous bluebonnets!

Cheree said...

Ahh! I totally forgot about the bluebonnets! They sneak up on you!
Beautiful pictures. I love the color of your hair - matches Aileen's perfectly! :)