Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Service project hits close to home....

Early March our Relief Society had a Qtrly Activity that was all about service. See this post and this post.

One of the service projects was to make "Heart Pillows" for heart surgery patients at a nearby hospital. These are pillows that the patients are given to hold on their chest so that they can move, cough, get out of bed etc... with as little pain as possible. Plus it keeps their breast bones that have been wired together again, together!
we made 25 pillows in about 45 minutes, some women cut fabric, some ironed, and 4 women sewed like deamons!

At the time I had no idea that this project would be so dear to my heart personally! I loved the idea of it and I lead the group that night in making the pillows. And when we didn't have enough pillows for the covers we made, I gathered coupons and bought the pillows as my donation to this service project! I guess Heavenly Father was behind my passion and drive of making this happen, because guess who got our first pillow from the Hospital! My Dad!
My Dad with his angel heart pillow on the road to recovery!

No comments: