Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lessons remembered

All went well with the triple bypass surgery! Yay! Dad is off of the respirator today and will be sitting up and drinking clear fluids. And if all goes well with that, hopefully he will be in a room out of ICU (Still in the Cardiac Hospital) that isn't so limiting to visits and visitors. We are very grateful and feel very blessed! Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and well wishes!

A couple of weeks ago I was asking myself and Heavenly Father, if we (Alan & I) were being too complacent, or lazy, or whatever you want to call it by still living in my parents home. Sometimes I worry about what people think, but mainly I worry what my Heavenly Father thinks - to which 2 Sunday's ago happened. If we had not been here, and my father was living in this home alone....I shutter to think what could have possibly happened. Every time I have asked this question, I have been shown one way or another that we are exactly where we are suppose to be. So, of course I then said to myself, quit asking that question, so that things will stop happening to my parents......but I also feel there is some responsibility to re-visit a question with Heavenly Father, to make sure the answer is the same, because situations change, and just because the answer was "Yes, Lois, you are living where you are supposed to be living" last year and 3 yrs ago, doesn't mean its the same for this year. But I must be honest and say that I am happy to know that we have not been slacking or being lazy, but we have been following answer to prayers.

We have also been told along with this other question, that yes, we want to and need to buy this house from my Dad, to make his transition easier and better when getting married. I know that we owe him that! There are so many foreclosures out there and houses that you could get at so much lower costs, but Alan and I know that we are to buy this home. So we are excited that we will be home owners again.

Also, 2 weeks ago, when I was so sick the night before my Dad's first heart attack, my father and husband had given me a blessing. Alan gives beautiful blessings and has the gift of healing. So I was surprised when early Sunday morning I was still so very sick and throwing up etc... (you really don't want to know the etc...) but I believe that this was also for a reason. If I had started feeling better - because of being dehydrated, so tired and worn out from being sick, I think I might have slept through the fall and maybe even if I had heard it subconsciously might have just thought it was Aileen making noise. But because I was AWAKE in a big way and had actually just gotten back in bed from another episode, I knew exactly where the bang from a fall had happened and knew it was my father and I needed to run downstairs! Immediately after my father was taken to the hospital, I immediately felt better and was able to fall asleep and get better so that I could go visit my father in the hospital on Monday! What a difference 24 hrs makes!

Another blessing is that My Dad, myself, my sister and my brother (who quite frankly is taking my dad getting remarried very hard) all have had the same impression from the Holy Ghost over the last week. We only found out that we had all had this spiritual experience when Pres. Willden, Barbara's Home teacher came up and stated it at his visit with my Dad and Barbara. Heavenly Father and my mother would have absolutely known that this was going to happen to my Dad. And before he fell in love and planned on getting married again, he was very depressed. Very Depressed! And if he would have been in that depressed state when all this happened, we all feel that my Dad probably would have said, "Well, o.k. then" and just given up. But because he has so much to live for (yes, meaning Barbara) he is willing and wants to fight through this for which I am incredibly grateful! I know I would not have liked to lose both parents in 6 months time! And I have seen a definite change in George (my baby brother)and his acceptance and understanding of Barbara and Dad getting married! Thanks Mom! We miss you and love you so very much!

Last ~ here are some pictures of Tytan having fun at the hospital visiting Grandpa! Then a picture of my brother........Yes, the acorn does not fall far from that tree......!




2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I am so glad all went well with your father's surgery and hope he continues to recover quickly.

Allison Rex said...

Tytan is ridiculous! I miss you guys!!! I really wish I was there and not in crappy old utah!
Loves!