Thursday, April 1, 2010

Before all the excitment of Sunday......

I had a really awesome weekend this past weekend before all the excitement of Sunday morning with my Dad happened. So I am going to catch up on some things. Saturday was a 2 baby shower day! It was so fun! I love parties. And I love having parties, going to parties, decorating for parties etc.... I just like everything about it. The first baby shower was for a dear sister in our Ward. She is one of our Relief Society teachers and I always really enjoy her lessons! This is her first baby and those are always kind of special and it's a girl! Her Visiting Teacher's (VT at its best) gave her a shower and it was beautiful. The cake looked like it came from a bakery, but they made it (I think there is a RS class in there somewhere) and even had a baby shower mum for her to wear! Great fun.

The baby shower Mum - this was the first time my friend had attempted to make one and I thought it turned out great! She looks like the party is for her!!!

I love shopping for girls - this is what I got her and it has a cut pair of white jeans with pink flowers appliqued on them and a blue polka-dot belt --- they all match too much fun!
Then as soon as that was done I headed to the next shower....this one I was asked to help host to which I said, of course!!!! It was for one of my blogging friends.....it's the only way we know each other this group....isn't that kind of fun (except for Ashley, who is my friend and who I visit teach, she is the common link between all of us). But it was very fun to see people I see every day through their blog....but not so often in person. Ashley decided she was going to do a movie theatre, Hollywood, star theme....to which I said, "Oh, I have all the perfect decorations" (Are you watching Elizabeth..... these are from your shower you gave Allison for her wedding! Small world!) So that worked out nicely, then I helped get things ready a little bit a head of time...but really Ashley was so organized it left me little to do but to enjoy! I was in charge of the game gifts so keeping with the theme I did the big popcorn bowls with microwave popcorn that you can buy at blockbuster and filled it with the big boxes of movie candy, they turned out great and those who won the games loved getting the gifts. The Shower was awesome. Ashley and I (Ashley's idea) got Sarah the clothes line of clothes....and I loved the one that said "Future Edward Cullen". Yes, she is having a boy and it is very exciting because she has 2 girls!
The gang - Ashley who hosted this shindig is in the back with the gorgeous red hair!

Really thought this was a fun idea - thanks Ashley for making me look good! Love the no paparazzi t-shirt as well as the Edward Cullen one.


more of the decorations! We had movie theatre treats right down to the hot dogs wrapped in foil.

Sarah - whom the party was for....we are so excited for you!
And my other friend, Cheree, whom I only know because of blogging! It was awesome to see her and Sarah in person again!

No comments: