Monday, April 5, 2010

Special memories even while in the hospital....

Even though Dad is in the hospital some special memories have occurred that I would like to document so I don't forget them after all this is done!

Barbara went and picked up Dad's wedding ring as the special order had come in. She brought it up to the room and showed it to him and had him try it on to make sure it fit etc..... Dad really liked it and they were very cute together and Barbara said "Even if they have to wheel us in on a gurney we are getting married in the Temple in June!" They both were too cute!


Another neat thing, even though I already knew this, still always nice to witness this....but my Dad and Barbara (and me too) were feeling really cheated because they were not getting to see General Conference this weekend. Barbara's home teacher brought up his laptop so that they could watch General Conference and that probably meant more to my Dad than anything else anyone could have done (I was actually going to buy a laptop, but Pres. Willden made it so I didn't have to have that expense right now, but I was going to do it so we could watch Conference!). It was very cool to watch my Dad and future step-mother watching conference in the hospital and raising their hand to the square sustaining the General Authorities of the Church! Comforting to know we can do this wherever we are!

Watching Genderal conference on the laptop!


Sustaining the General Authorities!
And I was able to meet more personally one of Barbara's sons (my step-brother). It has been really humbling and amazing to watch Barbara's family rally around Barbara and Dad as they have already accepted Dad as part of their family. All of her sisters have came up to see Dad, one of her sons, the other has called several times to check on him, and even Barbara's ex-husband has called to say that he is praying for Barbara and Dad and hopes that all goes well. Barbara is such an amazing woman and obviously loved by and supported by her family.

Not that ours isn't amazing and supportive -- just nice to see that Dad is becoming apart of another wonderful family.

2 comments:

Kim said...

This made me smile :)
Hope and pray all goes well with your dad.

Cathy said...

Our ward's fast Sunday is this coming Sunday, April 11th. Although that's after the fact for your Dad's surgery, we'll remember him in our prayers at that time - and tomorrow too.