Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April's theme......Emergency Rooms!

So this morning at about 5:00 am my Dad says, "Lois, I think I need to go to the hospital". which if you know my Dad, he is really concerned and has probably been dealing with some pain for awhile and finally decided he needed to check it out. I jumped out of bed so fast you would have never believed it and we were on our way. We just got home and it is 12:25 pm and they said that he didn't have a heart attack so that is good....but I still want to know what caused the shortness of breath and the tightness in his chest. So I have put a call into the Cardiologist myself and they will be seeing him today or tomorrow or they will have the wrath of Lois and if you've seen the wrath of Lois.....its not a place you or I want to go!

Monday, I got a call from my oldest who said that she was in the Emergency room getting a CT Scan and a Lumbar puncture test to make sure of no bleeding or problems in her brain.....She is in Utah and I am here.....not happy about that. But she is home and resting now and her tests came back clear.....but once again, why did she have the pain in her head and vomiting.....I hate that I can't seem to get answers!!!!

Then of course there was the infamous 2nd heart attack of my Dad's on April 2nd that we ended up in the Emergency room for that moved his surgery way way up.....obvious they couldn't wait like the wanted to, to do the triple by-pass! So I guess if this is the theme for April....I am ready for April to be OVER!!!!!

(the 1st emergency room visit for Dad's 1st heart attack was March 28th so it doesn't count for April but that would make 4 emergency room visits in a months time!!!)

I believe 3 emergency room visits in one family for the month of April makes it a theme!

But I am extremely happy and feel very blessed that everyone - even with the scares - are doing well!

1 comment:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Yiks! We had a month like that once -- it was crazy and I don't want to repeat it. Thanks for bringing back the memories.... haha. I love you.