Thursday, December 12, 2013

FHE at the Rex's

Monday afternoon, Allison called and invited us over for dinner (she made Fajitas) and to play cards!  Alan had to go to work Monday, but the rest of us were still shut down for the ice storm, but by now the sun has been out and the roads are melting and are pretty clear so we are all excited to be out and about and to see people!!

I needed to run some errands as well, so I mailed my Christmas Cards, dropped off the Christmas sock I finished to Sis. Betty Willden who needed to get it sent off to her family member that was going to get it, and pick up some work at Digi-Clean, where I work part time at home doing assembly work when I can, just to get a little extra income to help with all the home repairs we have had this year!!  While out I needed to fill up with gas, so I got Aileen and I a diet coke (fountain drinks) and knew that she would love that and feel like we were having special Mom/daughter time while running the errands......but as I was running the sock into Sis. Willden's home Aileen dumped my drink all over my car seat (I'm sure she was trying to put it back into the drink holder, I will give her that benefit of the doubt) so I throw out all the ice to the ground as fast as I can then run back up to Sis. Willden's house to ask for a towel to sit in the seat so I can sit on it without having a wet bottom, and when I came back - mental head slap - she has dumped her drink into my seat!!!  Really did I not see that coming and remove her drink while I was gone...NO, what an idiot!!  So I deserve the wet bottom now!!

But I did get all the errands done and then headed to John and Allison's with Aileen where we are going to meet Dad there!!  We had a delightful dinner and enjoyed playing with Charlotte she is so cute now with doing patty cake.....and the toss it in the oven....but she is all about Aunt Aileen all of a sudden.  She wanted to play with Aunt Aileen, especially patty cake, and wanted to sit with Aunt Aileen, touch Aunt Aileen, Kiss Aunt Aileen, hardly had anytime for Grandma and Grandpa!!  When did that happen??  When did Grandma and Grandpa get usurped by Aunt Aileen!!  She did give us lots of kisses later in the night though, so I guess that helps make up for the great slight in the beginning of the evening....lol!!  You know I'm just joking right??

Throw it in the oven!!!

Charlotte has also started to climb everywhere (yes, I have become one of those grandmas that only talks about her grandchild and assumes that everyone wants to hear it!!)  It was fun to watch her get into everything knowing that we were going home and wouldn't have to worry about that ALL THE TIME!!

We played cards and John and I are so happy its December....we beat Allison and Dad in 2 hands of Canasta (usually takes at least 4)!!  And felt we had proven our point that the only reason we lost in October and November is because it was Allison and Dad's birthday months so all the luck was with them!!  Now it has shifted to us!! Yay for us!!  So we switched teams Dad/Mom and Allison/John and Dad/Mom won!!!  Maybe all the luck is with me now......hmmmmm!

One of the coolest moments of the night was after the games and dinner everyone went to the kids apartment bldg.'s gym and we all worked out together either on the treadmill or elliptical or whatever it was we wanted to do.  It was kind of a cool moment to look in the mirror and see all of us lined up doing our workout.  I would have taken a picture put I was sure everyone would holler about that!!  But it was kind of special.

Anyway, it was a great visit and we loved being invited over for dinner.  I brought my cookies I made for dessert.  We loved getting to see Charlotte again.  And we always have fun playing games with our kids!!  So it was a great FHE!! Thanks Allison and John for having us over!!  It's always such a treat!!

No comments: