Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas at the Brown's!

2009's Christmas I think has been the best Christmas I have had....maybe ever! First off, it is the first time with a son-in-law, 2nd, I was very laid back this year....what got done, got done (and the important tradition things did get done) and I let the other stuff go..... 3rd, all my children were home and we had a blast being together......4th, it was really nice to get to know John (son-in-law) on a more personal basis (still very impressed with my son-in-law could not be more pleased) instead of at a Wedding, or a Funeral -we did get to spend a little bit of time with him this summer before the wedding, but still wedding was always in the background and 2 days when they got engaged.....but this was 10 whole days 24/7 and I sure love him! It was great to just be....and be ourselves! It was also very cute to watch Allison and John interact with each other 24/7 and see that they really are "That Cute"! So I am uploading some pictures. The best pictures are probably of Christmas Eve as our whole family was together, but Elizabeth took those pictures and I am waiting for her to put them on our family website...then I can talk about Christmas Eve....that is when we have our big traditions and big meal! So we will do these a little bit out of order.

First night Allison and John were here....and this is how Aileen was with John every day...we tried not to take offense that John was the favorite!!!! Especially Allison!!!

Once Anne Marie got here we all went with Grandpa to "Cousins BBQ" Yummmm! And Grandpa told my girls that when he was with them he was no longer lonely!

Brown tradition of lining up Christmas morning before going in to get gifts from Santa. Youngest to oldest! Aileen didn't realize that John would knock her farther back in the line of opening gifts.....Maybe John isn't so favorite after all!!! (j/k she didn't mind really but it was funny to watch her reaction as he got to go 2nd instead of her)

Christmas PJ's - forgot to take Christmas Eve night, so this is Christmas morning with hair sticking out and all......and yes, this is exactly how we went to the Movie Christmas Day to see "The Princess & the Frog".
We also have on Allison's camera pictures at the Dallas Temple etc... We really did have a great visit. There was a list of restaurants that are in Texas, but not in Utah that the kids wanted to be sure and eat at so we made all those dreams and wishes come true, we went to the Temple twice with Allison and John while Grandpa was working at the temple so that was very special. Allison and I sang in Church for the Sacrament Christmas program which is always a high for me! We watched BYU win their bowl game, played a million games of Canasta and shang-hi! John and Allison were able to go to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags with Katie (her MOH) and Katie's boyfriend. She went to her annual High School theatre alumni Christmas Party.... was able to be in the Temple with Kate when Kate (Allison's BFF in HS) was going through to prepare for her Wedding Day. She was able to be at the Baptism of one of the little girls that she always use to babysit and led the music for that and cried the whole time I hear!!! Anne Marie and Uncle George still hold the title for Planet Hollywood! Loved watching Anne Marie sing Bon Jovi on Rock band and rock out and sound awesome!!!! Made the favorite traditional dishes and treats. I know I have missed something important, but as you can tell....it was a dream come true!

4 comments:

Kim said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to see the Christmas Eve photos and hear about your happenings.

Kevin and MaryAnn said...

What a fun Christmas. I have been waiting for you to update your blog! Have a wonderful New Year!

Cheree said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!!! So funny/neat you go to the movies in PJs! :) We went and saw the princess & the frog too - Caedyn's first theater movie ever! Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas!

klonghall said...

I'm catching up on blog reading today. I'm so glad your Christmas was great. I still have such a hard time with Christmas w/o my mother here. I'm glad you had lots of good and fun distractions to keep the holiday joyful. Your family is beautiful!