Wednesday, October 31, 2012

RS Talent Dinner

For several months our RS has been helping us define and celebrate our individual talents.  We had a workshop several months ago.  Then a month of writing notes to each other stating what we say in each other as their talents.  Then a dinner was hosted by the RS President for husbands and wives to come and display some of our talents, enjoy a dinner and musical numbers.  Barbara our RS President did not want any of the sisters to have to do anything that night except enjoy so she did all the cooking, she brought musical talent from outside our ward, who just happened to by my sister, Elizabeth, so that was awesome and a complete surprise when I saw her at the dinner.  Then we were all given letters that our husbands had written for each of us (I can only imagine the work that went into getting all those gathered) telling us about the talents they see in us or if the sister was single the letter was from their Home Teacher.  We also were given a quote from Pres. Hinkley about talents framed and a bag a candy.  Plus it was fun to walk around the cultural hall and see what everyone brought to display.

Alan wrote letters to both Aileen and I and I gotta say it was very cool to read them and realize once again the love that he has for all of his "girls".  A bonus for me is that Dad wrote me a letter too!  Not going to lie it was kind of nice to hear what my Dad thought of me as a grown woman.


Aileen and Mom at the RS Dinner

Aileen's display of her talent/hobbies - Special Olympics, Temple open houses, and Disney movies.

I displayed my Christmas socks that I make, a quilt I've made, my personal history, and some samples of the scrap booking I do online now.


Here we are with Dad having fun!

Elizabeth singing about us being daughters of God.

Barbara, RS President, talking to us about our gifts and talents.

BONUS:  Since Elizabeth was coming and my nephews were staying with her.....I was so excited when I unexpectedly saw them when we first walked into the dinner!!  That was an awesome surprise!!
 
It was a very neat evening.

No comments: