Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend.....

So this was a fun weekend.....really enjoyed the 3 days in a row with no work! But really enjoyed more the reason we celebrate Memorial Day....but could not believe that I forgot to go put anything on my mothers grave! How did that Happen???? When Allison called me Monday night and said so what did you do at Grandma's grave I about died myself....because I had not even thought of it! I don't know if it was because we had just done something big for mother's day and her birthday just a few weeks earlier, or what, but it was a little upsetting! But then I wondered, maybe it really dosen't matter because I know she is not there, but even before my mom died we would take the girls to relative's graves and put flowers for Memorial day because we were teaching our kids the real reason for the Holiday.....so of course Allison would assume we would have gone! I'm not sure what I am feeling about this (forgetting) as you can see.




We had a great Saturday, with Barbara's family. This was a planned day for us to have both families come together and meet for the first time before the wedding! And her Sister does have the house to entertain and have a great time at......so of course we did! I wasn't sure if they were really going to have swimming etc...so I forgot to bring swimsuits for Aileen and me, so we went swimming anyway! It was such a hot day, it did not take long to dry out! The food was great, the company awesome, and the fun was fantastic! Barbara has a wonderful family.








5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Looks like so much fun! I totally would have jumped in in my clothes as well. We went swimming for the first time this summer today and it was so refreshing!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Nothing stops you from having fun! You have such a good attitude too about the new "branch" of the family...that will mean a lot to your dad.

Cheree said...

you are so cool - going swimming all dressed up. Such a cool mom. :)

Unknown said...

That all looks really fun!! I'm glad you had such a great weekend!

Bruce said...

We all forget things like that. I had spaced putting flowers on my grandpa's grave here in Utah for Memorial Day until my relatives came by. Sometimes I've wanted to jump in to a pool fully dressed; I guess now I have no excuse not to!