Sunday, June 13, 2010

Someone had a birthday.....yes, it was me!

I am now proudly 51 yrs old. I had a great birthday this year and it started on Friday! First, I received my b-day card from my mother-in-law with the awesome customary check.....which now that we are empty-nesters, I get to spend on myself! Then the Doctor and his wife that I work for gave me Ugg slippers, that are the most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet, I love them! And those are something I would never buy for myself! So cool gift.
Then Friday night my Visiting Teaching partner, and two of the gals we visit teach, who are quite frankly some of the best friends to have, took me out to the Movie Friday night to see "Alice In Wonderland".

aren't they cute telling everyone how old I am!

They were sweet and got me candy and diet coke, and the new Twilight book about Bree the "New" vampire, a Border's gift card, jewelry and an awesome frame for me to put a picture of the 4 of us in!

Saturday morning, actual birthday, we went to a Baptism, which is a awesome way to celebrate your birthday. Then Alan took me car shopping as my car is falling apart! Sweet surprise! And all my kiddo's called to wish me a happy birthday, really nothing greater!

That night the family that is in Texas came to dinner at Chili's to celebrate my special day! Thanks Dad for the dinner! Elizabeth brought me Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls because I have been craving them and haven't been able to find them! Barbara gave me an orange tote with my name embroidered on it. As my favorite color is orange and right now it matches my toes and my favorite clothes that I seem to be wearing all the time....it was perfect! And Alan and the girls gave me "Burn Notice" season 3!
Dad and Barbara
Me, Aileen, and Alan
Logan's friend, my nephew, Logan, and my brother, George!
My sister, Elizabeth, and my nephew, Jimmy!
Even though I have spent this post telling you all the fun things I got for my birthday.....its really not what mattered the most!
To me what mattered the most is that everyone wanted to celebrate my day and the fun we had being together! Special friends, and family that I love, what more could you ask for........
well, maybe my children that live in Utah here, but really not much else! Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Glad you had a good bday Lois!!! You deserved every minute :).

And I hope you like the Bree book...I love that she wrote something extra like that!!

Cheree said...

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great one!! Your own house and a new car.. .this is your year! (And Aileen looks like she had a great time at your birthday dinner)

~Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating.

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday! You were born the same year we married. 1959 was a wonderful year!