Sunday, December 25, 2011

3rd sock down and 2 more to go......



So, no, I did not get them all done before Christmas, but I did get 3!! Tomorrow Allison will be in town (John will be here too,but with the BYU Football team, so not with us) so I have taken off the week of sewing to spend with my Daughter and then on Friday after BYU wins ;) the Armed Forces Bowl John will be with us too!! We are very anxious to see them again, it feels like forever, even though its only been since August!! We are sad that Anne Marie can't be with us, when you work in the medical field there are no holidays!! But she did get to spend Christmas Eve with Allison and John, and Christmas day with my Brother Edward and his family so she has been with family and that has made it better!!

We had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner and Family Home Evening at my Sister Elizabeth's house with the traditional foods, telling of the Christmas Story with hymns, and opening presents from family!! It was a beautiful evening!

Today, Aileen woke up and opened her gifts from Santa, ate her orange and candy from her sock and then we all went to Church, where as a member of the Choir we celebrated the birth of our Savior!! Everyone in the Choir was struggling with colds and soar throats etc... but I had Alan give me a blessing and I made it through and we had Angels singing with us today because it was beautiful!!

Now, we are just waiting and anxious to pick Allison up tomorrow morning!!

No comments: