Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy V-day, to the people I love!!!

This week as been a busy, busy week!! It started by MaryAnn and I wanting to do something special for our Visiting Teaching ladies!! So Monday morning we hit the Dollar Tree store (my favorite store) to see if they had anything good/left. We found some great Valentine shaped boxes that were very cute and were big enough to put a variety of candy in and then we found these great bright Easter type colors of baskets that are the perfect shape for bread and for putting it on the table decoratively!! So we got some fancy/yummy bread (yes we were going to make some, and yes we ran out of time, so yes, we bought it instead) and the box of candy and then wrapped them all together to deliver to our ladies!! We wanted to sing something at the door to them when we delivered the gifts and I found a song online for Valentines day sung to the tune of "Mary Had A Little Lamb"


Tuesday we went to all 5 of our ladies homes and sang the following song as we handed them their gift, and lesson with some notes we wanted to point out......Yes, it was a "drive by" month.....but I don't think we have ever done a "drive by" so I think we can be forgiven......any way back to the song, we sang:


Here we bring a Valentine, Valentine, Valentine.

Here we bring a Valentine to the one we love!!

We had fun and everyone smiled and enjoyed and here is what the gift pkgs looked like after I got done putting them together!!



Monday, night my friend Ashley, who moved to Cleburne was getting ready to go in for surgery on Tuesday and she asked if Alan could come and give her a blessing so Alan and Bruce Willden went with Aileen and I to give her a Valentine gift from us (Flowers and candy) and a blessing. It was a neat experience to share with a friend!!

Tuesday, Grandpa and Grandma Barbara brought Aileen over her own 6-pack of Diet Coke and you should have seen her eyes....their was candy and cookies with it too, but Aileen only cared about the Diet Coke....funny girl!! She knows its hers too, and opens the fridge and grabs one! Too cute!!

The Doctor that I work for he and his wife gave me a cute cute piggy bank they brought back from their trip to Kentucky!! They told me it was to put all our change in it and then use it to go out with the girls!! Fun!! I've already started adding money!! Whoohoo, girls night out!!



Alan and I decided that sine I have Wednesday afternoon off, instead of spending more money on Tuesday night and having to fight the crowds, that we would celebrate Wednesday. So Alan took me to see "The Vow" I loved it and even though he was sure it was a "Chick flick" and he probably wouldn't enjoy it....he did!! Then we got yummy Chicken Fried Stake dinners at "The Cotton Patch" and it was a great date with lunch and matinee prices!! He also got me the DVD "Breaking Dawn, part 1" and earlier in a post I showed you the playing cards I got him with our families pictures on them!!





For our kids that live far from home, I sent care packages and I loved one of the things I sent very much and have almost decided that I need one too. I'm sure you can guess which one!!





Then tonight (Thursday) it was our Relief Society Meeting for the month of February and I was asked to give a workshop on "How to turn Scripture Reading into Scripture Study". It went very well and everyone participated. And the only resource we used were the Scriptures themselves. The Church has spent a lot of time and money making our scriptures the best study guide we can use in trying to learn what The Lord wants us to know!! Afterwards several people came up and said things like:

"I came here hoping I could learn something tonight, and I did".

"I have been struggling with some of the helps in the scriptures of how to use them, and know I know how".

"I heard this year in Gospel Doctrine Class that you gave everyone notebooks for taking notes last year and I was sad that I had missed that because I was in Primary, but now I have my own scripture study journal and pencils, I'm excited!"

I used a quote tonight from President Hinckley that was perfect for this week being Valentines day and all......about how he thinks scripture study is to have a "love affair" with the words of the Lord.

So my Valentines gift to everyone that came tonight to the class were these cute journals, I found at the "Dollar Tree" with a box of colored pencils and I hope they will use them when starting this new goal of studying the scriptures!!

No comments: