Monday, February 20, 2012

Saturday at the Temple with Aileen!!

Sunday was our Ward Conference, and the tradition has always been to have a Ward temple session the day before with the Stake President and stake Leaders. It's always a really wonderful experience and we have always tried to hire a babysitter or someone from the Ward has sometimes volunteered because they were not going to be able to go...but somehow we have almost always managed to get there as a couple.

This year since all our babysitters have gotten married and moved away, or are at BYU having a wonderful life of their own.....I wasn't sure what we would do. But I finally asked my Sister Elizabeth if she would babysit Aileen for us on Saturday!! She said that she would, and asked where, we discussed her home, our home, and then I told her that in the past when Alan and I have gone to the temple without a babysitter, we have taken turns and sat in the car with Aileen while the other goes in and then traded places and that Aileen does well just walking around the Temple grounds, going to McDonalds to get some food and watching videos in the car. Elizabeth said that she would try this as ti would save either one of us from having to travel all the way to each other's homes, kind of like meeting in the middle! And I knew Aileen would enjoy that as he does like to go to the temple!!


So, funny thing, it was pouring down rain Saturday, made getting to the temple in the first place very stressful, made us get their late, and there was no way that Aileen was going to be able to walk around and tour the temple grounds. Because of running late, I was not able to set up the DVD player, and told Elizabeth that I was sure she could do it, and gave her my debit card to be able to go to McDonalds and get her some food!!


Elizabeth got a little stress trying to figure out how to set up the DVD player so she wouldn't have to hold it the whole time, so she called Allison in Provo, Utah!! This makes me laugh just thinking about it - its so cute!! But I do apologize dear sister for leaving you in the lurch!!


So Allison explained over the phone how to hook the DVD player to the back of the front seat so that it hung off and you could watch the show.... and this is how the conversation went via text by cell phone pictures and all:



Elizabeth: I'm sure its not right but I guess its o.k.



Elizabeth: It's so jerry rigged!



Allison: Looks great to me!! :D


Elizabeth: You're so cute! I love you!


Allison: Love you!


The best part is that Elizabeth said she had a good time with Aileen and that the time went by really quickly and she was surprised by that because she was kind of dreading the being bored out of her mind aspect of the whole thing.....so it worked out great!!! and I love you my dear Elizabeth for making it possible for us to go to the Temple together!! Such a blessing!!

No comments: