Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Dad has retired!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011, was my Dad's last day at New Horizon's Computer Learning Center, Fort Worth, Texas! He has retired! Now, I know that most people when they retire, stay home, relax, travel etc.... but my Dad is always busy and I'm sure will continue to be busy working, building, and creating something!!! Plus, he has always been very involved in church service and I know that will continue. In fact, I know he hopes and dreams of serving a mission with Barbara after she retires in a year or so!

They had an Open House for him at his office during the Day, which I went up to and visited, ate cake and goodies and watched as his office gave him Ranger's Tickets, and told him that they were taking him (and Barbara, of course) out to dinner at his favorite restaurant, The Keg.


That night at the restaurant he was given a book with a political theme....perfect for my Dad, Cowboy boots, and cards and lots of good wishes. Everyone took turns paying tribute to my Dad and there were really some special and beautiful things said about what kind of boss he was and how he has affected so many lives! It was very cool! And really was a day long celebration!


Believe it or not, I did not have my camera!! I know unbelievable!!! But I have been promised pictures so when I get them I will add them to this post.


Congratulations Daddy!!!

No comments: