Thursday, March 24, 2011

So many things.....

It has been many days since I have been on my computer. All I can say is, I am tired of being sick! Even the Doctor that I work for said to me the other day, "Lois, you have been sick a lot this year!" That is never a good thing for an employer to think. But I have had a cold with the crud that will just not go away. And If I'm not having that problem, I have had Allergies. Bad Allergies. Now, I have not had to miss any work because I seem to get sick on Friday afternoons, be sick all weekend, then better again on Monday. At least where I am not giving anyone anything, I just have this lingering obnoxious cough! Or I loose my voice, but not contagious anymore. It really is driving me crazy. This last cold or whatever it was came from my husband! Thanks dear!

Last Thursday, at our Relief Society Meeting, I sang with MaryAnn Stephens and Sara Morrill. It was extremely fun for several reasons. I had never performed with these ladies before. Sara, as a teenager was one of my seminary students! And last but not least, the song sounded beautiful. It was a Sally DeFord song that I had never heard before called "Fill the Well Within" and was lovely in its simplicity and message! The 2nd picture is of me with two of my Seminary Students all grown and with children of their own now!!! Where has the time gone???


Sara, Lois, MaryAnn

Annaliesa, Lois, Sara

Friday, was Brother Curtis' Funeral. I helped with food for the family dinner, but had to be home to get Aileen off the bus right at the time the funeral was, so I went to the viewing, spoke with the family and went home to get Aileen. Plus I needed to get to bed as that was when I was really feeling my sickness come on. But Alan said that it was a really nice funeral and said that the 21 gun salute was really something. That was the one thing I was the most sad to miss, I was going to take a picture of that! Alan said that cars pulled over on the street until it was finished out of respect. Very cool!

Saturday, I just tried to rest, then we all loaded up and went to "On the Border" in Arlington to meet with family for my sister Elizabeth's Birthday dinner! We had a really good time and the food as always was awesome!!! We did have to hurry home and watch the BYU vs Gonzaga game that we had recorded and boy was it a beauty to watch!!! Yay! BYU. Can't wait to see March Madness continue with BYU vs. Florida!

Alan, Aileen, Elizabeth, Lois


Aunt Lois and Emmiline




Grandpa and Landin
Oh, and did I mention Alan and I both filled out our March Madness brackets and have a bet going.....and I really want a Kindle so I sure hope I win. Alan thought I was crazy with some of my picks....but guess whose ahead.....that's right me!

Sunday, was my Gospel Doctrine lesson and church, Ben Hepworth (Seminary Student) giving his farewell talk in Sacrament meeting before leaving on a mission which was excellent, then more resting!! It's only Wednesday but if feels like it should be Friday!!! And yes, I am still coughing and hacking and not happy about it either!!!
I really want to get past all this sickness!!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Have you heard Sally de Ford's "My Sisters Hands"? Our ward RS sang it in church the Sunday before the RS birthday. It's a lovely song also.