Monday, November 28, 2011

Catching up.....


Credit: ABC.com
And the winner of Dancing with the Stars is JR Martinez and Karina Smirnoff!! Who can be mad that the war hero won! Not me! Even though I believe that Ricki Lake was the better dancer and I liked her free style, but I have to admit, that Rob and Cheryl had a killer "Free Style" I really thought he could have won. And I will say, JR and Karina had a show stopping "free style" dance as seen below and therefore took home the mirror-ball trophy!!

Credit: ABC.com
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, even though it was just Alan, Aileen, and myself, it was very relaxing, no pressure, no cooking, no fuss, it was GREAT!! We did get invited to join Barbara's (my step mom) family for Thanksgiving and as always it was nice to be together and visit. Aunt Beverly always has wonderful food, lots of room to gather, and beautiful big screen tv's to watch the football games on!! This year was fun because my step brother, Chris, brought a girlfriend for us to meet! She is a beauty and after meeting her and talking with her it is clear she is as beautiful on the inside too! My understanding is that Chris has never brought a girlfriend to meet the family so this is serious stuff going on here and Chris is going to her family for Christmas!!

Chris and Ashley
Alan and I finally were able to celebrate his birthday!! He was sick, I was sick, Aileen was sick, then I had to work full days instead of getting off early on Wednesday's and Friday's so that we could go before Aileen got home from Day Care --- so finally we celebrated!! We went to see "Tower Heist" and went to dinner at Salt Grass!! It was a great date and we had fun being together just the two of us!!

I have had an awesome compliment from my daughter's mother-in-law!! She saw the Christmas socks that I made for John and Allison and asked if I could make some for her family!! Of course I will be happy to make their Christmas Socks and here is one of them that we picked out for the Dad!! As soon as they get here, whenever you see me from now on, I will be embroidering and sequining away!!

And this you are going to die over.......I have seen "Breaking Dawn" part 1 four times!! I know, I know, its crazy right? But in my own defense, its because different people ask me to go see it with them and I just can't say NO!!

1 comment:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

You goofus! (for the 4 timer I mean). So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!