Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dancing with the Stars - the finale!

So my favorite show - Dancing with the stars will have its finale tomorrow night and I am very excited. I'm happy with who is in the finale - I would have been very sad if Hope Solo had made it - she is a great athlete I'm sure, but she is not a dancer but even more so I would have been unhappy because of the attitude.

credit: ABC.com

I'm going to go on a little rant here for a minute - I think Maks has soured Hope for many people. First off, I don't think Maks should be back on the show again! His attitude is terrible and he is mean to his dance partners while in training! I think everyone was shocked on the footage we saw before the group dance a couple of weeks ago! Thank heaven's Derek was nice to her when Maks stormed out and that Cheryl also helped her nicely get ready for the team dance. I thought he was supposed to be the professional!!! And him going off on the judges was bad, bad, bad. No one wants to see that. The judges say what some might call "mean" things to EVERYONE! That's their job to tell what is wrong, or what they need to improve on, and the people who listen like Rob, and Ricki, come back and then get rave reviews because they listened and tried to improve. Last season, when Mark Ballas started going off on the judges, I was worried and started not liking watching them because of it....and I loved when his partner said that she thought he was hurting their chances because it seemed as if they were saying they deserved something or were entitled to something and no one is that.....I loved that he listened, he stopped and they went all the way to the finals because they worked hard and they were good and they didn't act like they were entitled!! I think Mark is an incredible choreographer, but I still didn't like him so much when he fought with the judges.

Another thing that I thought was so very unprofessional was all the swearing that Maks and Hope did about - forget the judges with a much worse word then "forget" used and Hope saying she didn't even want to look at the judges etc... if Maks really was the "professional" he would have told her to hold her head high and listen and act professional. And I was really incensed when Hope told everyone that the judges have wanted her gone since the beginning.....Sweetie, you need to hit replay and watch the previous shows, they actually wanted you to stick around and I thought they favored you over others that maybe should have still been there....can anyone say David Arquette! He wanted to be there and was willing to work hard.

I won't even go into Maks comment about "It's my show", I do think it was a language thing....that came out wrong....but not helping his case any! I did wonder however, what all the other professional dancers who come and work hard and take the criticism professionally and just try to help their celebrities get better - felt about his comment!! And I'm glad that ABC or the show has kept Maks and Hope off of the talk show circuit! who wants to hear more of them!! NOT ME!

And my last rant and I can't really rant, because I didn't vote - I think the last 4 should have been, J.R. Martinez, Ricki Lake, China Phillips, and Rob Kardashian - I would have never thought that I would be cheering for Rob, but he has worked really hard, listened to Cheryl and the judges and has really become a dancer so fun to watch. Cheryl is a great choreographer and teacher.

But if there was anyone who could say - "It's my show" it would be Derek Hough, but he would never say so. There is no one who can choreograph like Derek!! I love to watch every dance and I loved getting to see him really perform his spotlight dance, the Flamingo, I think it was - that was Wow, there are no words for how incredible that was. And I loved his and Anna's Paso that the fans voted for them to dance! He has always choreographed amazing dances and I knew he had to be a good teacher, but I have loved seeing this season, that he can choreograph/teach great dances no matter the size of his partner - he has always had skinny celebrities to dance with - and Ricki I do not think was fat, but she was not the normal skinny celebrity he has gotten in the past either. He is just good!

O.k., done with the rant. It will be fun to see what everyone does. J.R. Martinez is amazing and a war hero and someone who is just happy and fun to watch and he is the favorite. But I still hope that Ricki Lake wins, I've loved her attitude of just working hard and getting it perfect and then going out and performing it beautifully! But I also, hard to believe, wouldn't mind if Rob Kardashian won - he really is what the competition is all about, about not being a dancer and then every week just getting better and better because of hard work and then winning! So, really I'll be happy with any, but still my favorite is Ricki Lake.

Can't wait to see!

No comments: