Monday, April 20, 2009

Aileen's laugh....

So for anyone who does not know Aileen or has never heard her laugh....it is the most infectious thing I know! Maybe because it is rare, so it becomes a real treat when you realize she is that happy about something, who knows what, but sometimes we like to believe we know what makes her laugh...but regardless you can't help but giggle and smile too when it happens.

Saturday she woke up giggling, laughing, jumping and flapping to the point of almost craziness! But I just laughed and talked with her as I bathed her and got her dressed and felt very sincerely that it was because she knew she was going to Katie's house to be babysat, however, Aileen doesn't consider this babysitting because she knows that Katie is her friend and treats her as if a friend of hers was coming over to visit! In fact the whole family gets in the spirit and even Katie's dad sang to Aileen a country western song that had her name in it and she giggled and laughed at that as well.


Sunday, Aileen woke up much the same....just a little too happy, jumping, flapping and laughing, that I almost decided we would never make it through church so maybe I should stay home with her...but I decided that was Satan trying to persuade me to not keep my covenants with the Lord. So off we went to church and I thought I had calmed her down enough that we might be able to make it...but sure enough as soon as the meeting started, little giggles would escape and I would get them calmed down then pretty soon full out laughing was going on and even though every one was smiling because, like I said it is infectious, I did have to leave the chapel, to which she laughed even louder. We went walking around the building outside until I could get her to calm down. I did make it through teaching my primary class, but by the time they went to sharing time...Aileen and I were headed home. I did however, have several people come up to me and say how happy it made them and how special they thought it was to hear Aileen laugh! It made their day! So I guess even though I'm sure we were disruptive Heavenly Father made it a positive by helping everyone smile!

I love this daughter of mine!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww how cute is that! I wished I could have heard her laugh, too.

Kim said...

Laughter is good for everyone around.

K said...

She made Brian and I both smile with her giggles and her laughter!

~Rachel said...

I loved hearing her laughter and it is infectious. I am sure Heavenly Father had a smile on his face as well. She is so precious.