Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday General Conference!

Well, my husband and my father are off a the Priesthood General Conference session and my future son-in-law is off with his father and even though they are in different states...it is really very comforting to know that they are all watching the same broadcast...it's like they are all together even though they are not!

Allison fell and hurt herself yesterday and heard a pop in her ankle! She limped home and I told her to elevate her foot, put ice on it and take Ibuprofen etc....and told her to call John to have him wrap it (since is major is what use to be called sports medicine I figured he would know what to do) especially if she was not going to go to the medical center get it looked at. I also told her to be sure and get a blessing! Can I tell you it was my first experience of having something traumatic happen and me being here in Texas and then having the peace of mind of knowing that she has John to help her and to take care of her....just as she can take care of John! It was a very comforting feeling! I must say I am very glad that they have each other and that they can count on each other! Very nice.

Conference today was amazing. I am so glad that I was able to watch and take notes! Really the older and older I get the more and more I look forward to and appreciate General Conference! I love our Prophet and his leadership! I love listening to the general authorities give us words of wisdom to feast upon. And I love that it motivates us to be better latter-day saints!

No comments: