Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter at my sister's home!


After church today we drove to my sister Elizabeth's to have Easter dinner with our family that is here in Texas! It was very fun to see my nephews and my brother again... they (my nephews) just keep growing too fast! I also always love seeing Elizabeth, her husband Art, and all her crazy dogs!

I made and brought the brown traditional dishes and my mom brought several additions to the meal as well! But Elizabeth had all the hard work and the main courses of the meal and it was all so fantastic and we all ate too much! After our meal we watched the Disney movie "Bolt" because everyone except Aileen, Alan & I had not seen it. We had told everyone how we loved it when we took Aileen to see it at Thanksgiving time and they wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Well, I have to tell you everyone laughed and enjoyed the movie very much so it was a fun time for everyone to do something with Aileen.

When we called our girls and John to wish them a Happy Easter they were at Alan's Mom's, their grandmother, and they were having fun and that made Alan and I feel better that they couldn't be with us today!

The best Easter present I received today is that Hillary emailed me and told me how to get YouTube's to be the actual Youtube in my blog and not just a link! Thanks sweetie...it worked! I'm so happy i could cry! That's all I need is for someone to just email how to do things and I usually can get it right! Yay!

So please go to my Easter post from Saturday to watch the video if you haven't already....I promise it will be worth it!

Also for Easter the Doctor I work for and his wife game me a rose plant. It's very beautiful and I will try and replant it in the garden without killing it! They really just do too many thoughtful things, I cannot keep up!

But the most touching Easter gift was while we were watching "Bolt" Aileen picked up her Diet Coke and took a drink then wanted me to have a drink and then handed it to her father to have a drink. And if you know how Aileen really does not share her drink, and in fact she is usually sneaking others drinks and drinking them before anyone notices, you will understand why this is so special. She wanted to share her soda with her parents! Very cool!

Hope everyone's day was a special one! I'm so grateful to my Savior and all that he has done for me!

6 comments:

Kim said...

You already know how to do so much more with your blog than I know how to do with mine...but I am learning. I'm glad that you and your family had a nice Easter. Have a good week.

~Rachel said...

Sounds like you all had a nice Easter. I love how Aileen shared her diet coke with you and Alan. That truly is a gift because I know how much she likes her diet cokes ;) Aileen I know
I would not be as willing to share my diet Dr. Pepper.

The Jacobson Family said...

So glad that you had a fun day, spending it with family is always good! We gave Carson Bold for Easter and just watched it today. I really liked it and he actually sat and watched it for quite a while.

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Very nice pics. Happy everyone had such a good time.

Cheree said...

Happy (late) Easter!!! I’m so glad you had a great time.
Looks like we should finally get on the bandwagon and see Bolt! :-)

newsinaminute said...

I knew you would understand--thanks for commenting about our little grandson being a 'beauty" he surely is on the inside and out
It is with profound heartache and sadness that we let you know that Kyle (nancy and stephen's baby) has been diagnosed with SMA. (spinal musculard atrophy) We do not know if it is type I or type II --which one we don't know yet. That will only be determined when the symptoms start to manifest themselves. He will be given some medication in the mean time that should help delay the onset of symptoms. He is currently strong and healthy and not showing any signs of the disease. (this is a genetic disease that is very rare--his sister megan also has the disease --she is confined to a wheel chair and has no use of her legs--and it may debilitate other parts of the body that that spine affects--as well--time will tell--)

Nancy and Stephen are saddened at the news. but they are thrilled to have helped another spirit obtain a mortal body and to have another member of their family. it has just been within the last 4months that they found out that their little megan has this diseas --type II and now to find out there sone has it too --is quite a lot to wrap our minds around..We take great hope in Jesus Christ and the resurrection that will remove all physical ailments and heartache.

you are always so good to share things with as you are a good listener and tender hearted like me--and will feel the spirit in which I write this with

hope that the events in your life--I think of you often --

Lynda