Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday is a special day....

Today was a great day! To start with Alan and I both had work we had to get done in the morning....so I went ahead and hired our dear sweet Katie to watch Aileen today so that I could get caught up on my transcriptions for the Doctor and so that Alan could get done what he needed to get done. So we worked really hard until noon. Then we had a date! A what? Oh, yeah, one of those things called a date! We went to Chili's for lunch, which is always a good choice and then we did a little shopping that we needed to do (i.e. wedding gift and ink for my printer to print my transcriptions out with) then we headed over to the movies! We saw the new Russel Crowe movie "State of Play"...he is not necessarily my favorite actor, in that I don't like some of the things he has done in his personal life, but I do have to grudgingly say he is a good actor. The movie was very suspenseful and it was one that both Alan & I could enjoy together, in other words it was not a chick flick!



Then I picked up Aileen where I found out she giggled and laughed all day being with Katie. Thank you Katie for being such a wonderful person and my 4th daughter!!!! Then Alan started not feeling well....which I have to tell you did nothing for my ego! What does that say about me that after spending the day with me my husband gets sick! Yikes!

But I was determined to attend a wedding reception of our friends from church the Kongaika's. They were sealed in the Dallas Temple today for Time and All Eternity! They have been married civilly for about a year or more, but waited until they could get married in the Temple to have the big reception! And it was beautiful! They were floating on air and everyone had a great time helping them celebrate this amazing day! I am so happy for them!



So as you can see Saturday was a special day......

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

How fun! Sounds like a fantastic day! I hope Alan feels better :).

Kim said...

I'm glad you had fun...even if part of your Saturday was work the rest of it sounded wonderful. I hope Alan is feeling better today.

Amber Joy said...

Sean and I went on a date to see that movie also!

Zepp Family said...

I'm jealous. It's been too long since Jason and I have been out to the movies...ALONE. Thanks for reminding me of how fun and important that it can be.

P.S. Hooray for the Kongaika's!!! That has put a smile on my face and literally warmed my heart. Nothing beats an eternal family :)

Ashley said...

What a nice Saturday! Poor Alan...

Cathy said...

Who are the Kongaikas? The bride looks familiar, but I can't think of her name. Are they in FW 3 Ward?

Cathy