Saturday, May 16, 2009

Movies and fun!

Since Allison has been home I know that she has really been missing John. John is still out at BYU and part of their singles ward and has room mates, people to hang out with etc.... I'm not saying it has been easy on him with Allison gone. But I think it has been a little more of a shock to Allison to be without John, because she is just with her old fogie parents! She is really not part of a group of people to hang out with (Thank heaven's her friend Katie has been around) and when I'm not at work we have to be thinking and planning for the wedding.

So yesterday when I got off work, we did run some wedding errands.....but then we did Lois and Allison's favorite thing.....we went to the Movie! Allison and I have both been wanting to see the movie "17 Again"! And I have to say it was really good. Zac Ephraim (sp?) whom I must say I really don't know as an actor and who I may have been a little skeptical was really excellent in it. We have seen movies with Adults who are having to have to act like Adults who are really 13 i.e. "13 going on 30", "Big", but I don't think we have seen a teenager have to act like he is really 30 or 40 while still trying to be a teenager. He really did a good job!


We also have been dying to see "The Ghost of Girlfriends Past" it got such a bad review by the critics I knew I would love it...... So today we got up early ran some more errands for the wedding. Ate lunch at "The Cotton Patch" just us girls and then went to see the Matinee again and saw the previously stated movie.....and I was right we did love it! We then tried to find me a dress, for the "Mother of the Bride" and after stopping at one store, I was done too frustrating didn't want to look anymore! So we came home to Alan and Aileen, watched Australia (Alan and Allison saw that together over Christmas break but I had never seen) which made me cry. The ending where she has to let the boy go on his walk about about killed me.....it made me think about how you know you have to let your daughter go and get married, but its so hard letting go! Go figure that everything makes me think about Allison getting married. I think I'm going a little crazy!



Now I am getting my talk ready for tomorrow in Sacrament meeting!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've been busy here in Kansas but I am finally on a computer so that I can check my blog list. I'm glad you are having fun with Allison home and hope that she makes it without her sweetie these last few months...or until they are together again.