Wednesday, February 23, 2011

President's Day Holiday.....

So this past weekend Alan and I celebrated 33 yrs of meeting each other at BYU. It's easy for us to remember because it was a day off from college classes, but we were at the library studying anyway, and met! Best thing that every happened in my life! If I had not met him, I would not have been blessed with the precious children we had together and 32 1/2 yrs of marital bliss!

O.k., now when I was younger I use to hear people say that and I would think, do they really never fight? Or are they just pretending that it has been that wonderful......but here is the answer, now that I am one of the older married couples. Sure you fought, had disagreements, made bad decisions, went through financial highs and lows, sicknesses etc.... but when you look back over the years you see the lessons learned, the blessings given, the love that was ALWAYS there and you can truthfully say it has been a blissful and a happy marriage!


Saturday, we went to the Temple, then out to dinner with family that was at the Temple too!

Sunday, was our Ward Conference and we had a lot of visitors and I was happy my Gospel Doctrine Class went so well. It usually does, not because of me, but because we have lots of scriptorians that share there knowledge with everyone and make comments that help to feel/bring the spirit (well, I might help it as well).

Monday I had to work, on the actual Holiday, but met Alan for lunch and helped him pick out new glasses!!! Yes, you will be seeing them soon! They look really good and now he will not be so outdated in style!

All-in-all it was a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Awe Congrats! I would have to agree with all of the above!