Friday, February 18, 2011

Before I put them away......

As you know from previous post, my blog is my journal and updates to my personal history, and the reason you know this is because I blogged about it remember this post? So, even though I do not decorate at all like I use to, there are some favorites that I always put out because it wouldn't be my home if I didn't!!! A lot of my really cool things that I have made have been given as gifts to others, but............Here are some of my Valentines decorations.....


I really love my V-day wreath. I made this in Wichita (93-2000) when I was the RS Homemaking Counselor in the RS Prescy. We had a group of ladies that at least once a month, if not more, got together to make things out of wood and I got pretty good at painting!!



The wheel barrow you have seen before because, yes that is right we made 3 shapes of something for every month! This month was hearts!!! The Teddy bear you have seen before, my friend Vicky Burdick gave that to me and his sweaters change depending on the holiday. My antiques that sit in my entryway, I haven't decided if I really like, so they might change soon. I've been trying them out for several months. The wood bear standing up, holding the heart, I love how my painting is on this one....this is near the end before we moved away from Wichita, KS, and I haven't made another wood craft that needed to be painted since!!! But if you double click on the picture you can see the detail. I am proud of that.


Usually my blocks sit in the entry way with my antiques and other things but I thought I would try the mantel this month. And my yarn heart was something I made 30 something years ago when we were first married but I like that its a different texture to display and even though this picture might not show it to its best advantage, everyone comments on it when they come to visit.


This last door knob decoration is a favorite, especially now, because my mother made it for me. It was while we were living in Utah and she sent it to me for Valentines day one year because we lived so far away. I think she made it at a RS Meeting!!! Gotta love that!

1 comment:

Cheree said...

Very nice! Looks like it didn't take long for you to make your new house your home! :)