Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th weekend!!!

My 4th of July weekend started by going to a movie and ended by going to a movie, and anyone who knows me that is the perfect holiday weekend!!!



Friday afternoon after I got off work, Ashley Myers and I went to see the new Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts movie, "Larry Crowne". I really enjoyed it! but loved getting to catch up with Ashley for a little bit!! I sure miss having her in our Ward at church!!! But happy she is not too far away that we can't still get together and do things!! yay!


Saturday was a lazy day, but really good to get things done around the house! Loved it!


Sunday, was of course, church, and my Gospel Doctrine lesson. It seemed different this time. The lesson didn't have a lot a scripture, just a lot of quotes, but the scriptures and quotes we did study were awesome!!!


Then Sunday afternoon my sister Elizabeth came to Fort Worth and we went to go see my Dad who is not getting better as expected from the kidney stones, but getting worse!!! We visited and could tell he was not doing well, but I also aggravated him with all my questions as to why his doctor wasn't doing more......ooops! Sorry Dad! Today (Tuesday) he is back in the emergency room and they do have him scheduled for surgery tomorrow! Thank goodness!


After visiting my dad, Elizabeth stayed for a while at my house and Alan, Elizabeth and I all played cards!! Alan beat us all.....it was sad for us but awesome for him!!! he was on a role!



Monday, the 4th of July we went out to lunch to Chili's which Aileen enjoyed very much and then we took Aileen to "Cars 2"!!! She loved it and after the afternoon we had she went home and went to bed, for the night! That was a surprise, but happy she had a good time and then was able to sleep and be ready to go to her Day Care this morning!


But the best thing I love is that John and Allison picked up Anne Marie and they spent the holiday weekend together!!! I love when I find out things like that! Nothing makes a parent happier then to find out that their children like to do things together!


Good weekend!

No comments: