Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me!

One of my favorite primary hymns ends with that statement and it is the perfect title for this post. Someone said to me "Boy you are having a hard month, aren't you?" and the answer would be absolutely yes!!! But through it all I have seen the workings and miracles of a Heavenly Father's love for me and my family!

First, to start off the month, my husband lost his job! Not fun, but seems now it is for the best and we know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and for Alan in particular!

My oldest, Anne Marie found out that she had blood clots in her lungs and was admitted into the hospital urgently trying to get that under control and not die from it!!! And she is in Utah and I am here! I was going to try and fly out, but couldn't really go because my boss was leaving on vacation out of the Country, and I was to tend the office.....So blessed that my mother-in-law and her husband Jay were able to be with Anne Marie through this whole ordeal, and that Anne Marie said that the scare was over and that she didn't feel like it was urgent that I be there, and she would rather I came when we could do something fun instead of be in the hospital. Such an angel and I know also that she worried about the expense for us too. I love my children and would do anything for them. But Heavenly Father blessed me with extended family that were right there for Anne Marie, and blessed me with a daughter that would think of others at a time like this and would want to ease my stress as a mother for not being able to be there! She is home now and doing well.

Then Alan ended up in the Emergency Room with diverticulitis, and was in so much pain I can hardly stand it, let alone him! Found out our insurance did not have a 30 day leeway until terminated and we haven't gotten the Cobra information yet!!! It was a great blessing that they were able to get the pain under control and he could go home instead of an overnight stay in the hospital, or worse, if we wouldn't have caught it as soon as we did, it could have ruptured and then it would have meant surgery!!! Such miracles and blessing.

Our Home Teacher came right up and gave Alan a blessing! I love our Home Teachers!

Then our air conditioning has not been working......inside the house the thermostat reads 98 degrees! I know its hot hot hot and brutally hot outside, record breaking hot, but obviously something is not right if the inside is that hot. But the blessing is we were able through friends to find a good reliable company, that came right away, and the day the repair man came another work reimbursement check came for Alan in the mail from his old job that covered the exact cost of the repair!! Tithing! I can't say it enough! You really can't afford not to pay it!

And even though we just found out that we have an obstacle in our way of Alan getting Unemployment benefits, I know that however it turns out Heavenly Father is aware, that he cares very much for what happens to us and that we will be blessed one way or another!!!

How could I not know that, when I know my Heavenly Father loves me and my family!!!

4 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Amen to the tithing testimony! I don't know if you saw it, but I wrote a musing about hard times and this very subject two weeks ago: http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com/2011/07/windows-of-heaven.html

Your life right now (and yes, we have been there done that) reminds me of a children's book I love in which a little mouse thinks he's having the worse day ever, but in the pictures we see that all his mishaps are really narrow escapes from something far worse (yet unseen by him).

Primary songs always soothe me too - I love "I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me..." on the hardest days. I LOVE YOU TOO!

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Love you!!

Lois Brown said...

Mona, I read all your posts on both blogs and FB too! I loved your post on tithing. It is no longer hard for me to see all the blessings when things appear to not be going well!!! Probably because I have had lots of practice! lol! Love and hugs!

Lois Brown said...

Anne Marie, Thanks sweetie. I love you too!