Sunday, September 25, 2011

Busy Weekend!







Friday afternoon, Alan and I went to a matinee, to see the new Brad Pitt movie "Moneyball" it was really good and it was fun being together to do what I LOVE BEST, and that is going to movies!! This is a downloadable screensaver......just sayin!

Friday night, we had a wedding in our Ward. The couple was married at the Dallas Temple and then had a reception Friday night. I remembered when Allison was getting married and the worry of who would help in the kitchen -- even though you have food catered, you still have to have people keep things filled, and wash, and clean. My dear friend MaryAnn Stephens said to me, "When my daughters got married it was always such a worry to find people to help in the kitchen, so I want to do that for you" And she did along with 2 other of my dear friends, one of who is now my stepmother, bless her heart!! Who knew?? Anyway, I stuck this precious gift of service in the back of my mind knowing that the next wedding I would want to do this same kindness for another friend. So when my friend Lori Wagley found out that her daughter was engaged and when the wedding would be, I told her that I wanted to be in the kitchen helping with the reception......it was awesome, she was surprised and grateful and of course MaryAnn was there too.....she is still being that kind of friend and giving service to those she loves!! It was a fun night, exhausting, but indeed a joy!!

Friday night was also BYU's game against a team from Florida (UCF I think). I got a kick out of MaryAnn mentioning to me at the wedding reception that I was missing getting to see my son-in-law on T.V. But no, no, I did not because Alan recorded it for me and I watched the whole game so that I could see John on the sidelines doing his Athletic trainer thing!!! So fun now that we worry about watching the sidelines more than the players on the field.....priorities people!! Priorities!! Oh, yes, and they won!!

Saturday, I had a birthday party to attend for a Sister in our Ward from Conga, who is a recent convert, who doesn't really understand about birthday traditions in the USA, so it was fun to go to a luncheon and celebrate this happy day with her


The Fort Worth Symphony

Then Saturday night was the General Relief Society Broadcast, which I recorded and watched at 10:00 pm that night, because..........Alan and I were given Symphony tickets at Bass Hall! And it was an awesome night to get to go.......... it was a special concert called "Holst: The Planets" it was music written about the solar system and NASA through satellite photos, Hubble Telescope, etc.. were able to show actual pictures of the planets while the Orchestra played....it was awesome! And the whole time we were watching and listening and seeing all these incredible pictures of the planets, Alan and I were both thinking how much Dad Brown would have loved seeing it all!! It was a beautiful night. Thank you Carol and Chuck Malone for the gift of the tickets. And I hope that your Son's wedding in Utah was fabulous!!!

As always the General Relief Society broadcast was amazing and just what I need to get read for next weekend and General Conference. I Loved the 5 Forget-Me-Nots, especially the - I will not forget that I am a beloved daughter of God!!

No comments: