Saturday, September 17, 2011

My 1st great blessing is having a birthday!!

AnneMarie, my oldest, is turning 31 on Sunday!!! I don't look that old do I? O.k., I probably do! But oh what a joy and blessing she has been in my life! She has always made us (her parents) proud. She was our miracle baby, all the nurses said so, there is no way that she should have been able to breath on her own so quickly, being so small and so early, but she did! She was a perfect 2 yr old, who never touched things that she shouldn't, and as smart as a whip!! She is so very talented - voice, theatre, medicine! She gave us quite a scare this last year with the blood clots in her lungs, but we are thrilled to say she is well and seems to not be having anymore trouble with that (knock wood). And since then she has been trying to get healthier by going on nutrisystems and loosing weight and we are so proud of her! She has lost 26 lbs to date!! Yes, that's my girl!!! yay!

John likes to get the girls ire up by saying that Aileen likes him best......and Allison says but I was with her longest.......but I say, ah but Anne Marie was first!!! And she went through all the worry when we were finding out what Aileen being Autistic with other severe disabilities meant and she helped and supported like someone 3 times her age!!


She will tell it to you like it is.....and I prefer that frankly, and she is loyal as the day is long! She is a hard worker, she thinks the only grade that is acceptable in college is an A.


She finds humor in most things and can make us all laugh with a good story anytime!! She's a wicked "Shang-hi" card player. Most importantly, she is the 1st love of my life, other than her father!! That will always make her special to me!! and like Sandra Bullock says in the movie "Hope Floats" she is who makes me special! Happy Birthday Sweetie!! Dad & I Love you!!

2 comments:

Anne Marie's Blog said...

Thanks so much Mom! Love you guys too!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

What a beautiful tribute! I like to think firstborns are especially special - since I was one myself! Keep being such a joy and support to your Mommy Anne Marie -- she deserves it and needs you more than you will ever know.