Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend update

I know, I couldn't think of a name for this post, so sorry, its just a boring update!!

I loved calling Anne Marie on her birthday and getting to talk to Allison and John too because they were all together going out to celebrate! I love that they support each other since I am so far away! When I called later to find out how it all went, Anne Marie was very happy! It's hard to be a Mom that lives so far away!!

Saturday at 3:00 pm I was invited to my friend Ashley's little boys 2nd birthday party! I was thrilled to be invited and of course I'm always up for a party!! But I was worried because 1) I've never had a boy -- have no idea what 2 yr old boys like or want. 2) I'm so far removed from knowing what is popular for kids today since it has been so long since I've had little kids!! But I took on the challenge and was THRILLED (even though I shouldn't have been) when he loved my Tonka truck, trailer, 4 wheeler toy. It was the hit of the party!! You know how 2 yr olds are....you try to get them to help open presents but they kind of help and kind of don't, and they are kind of like, no big deal about what the presents are, but when he saw what was in my gift bag, he pulled it out....he tried to get it out of the box, he wouldn't look at anything else, they had to get it out of the box and then all he wanted to do was play with it....he wouldn't help his mom open any other presents!! I do feel bad about that, but I have to say I had the biggest smile on my face as he kept playing with that toy and wouldn't let anyone else play with it!! I just might make a pretty good grandma some day after all!! Happy Birthday Camden!




But Saturday night was hard to believe!! Who would have thought BYU would play so badly against Utah!! On facebook someone posted that it was so painful to watch and that he couldn't believe he watched the whole thing......to which I laughed and thought, yeah, why did I sit and watch the whole thing.....oh, yes, now I remember, my son-in-law John is an athletic trainer with the team so I wanted to watch to see him on the sidelines, which I did, so that was good. But it was a hard game to watch. I will say that Utah did deserve to win, they came to play!! But this is how Aileen looked watching the game, too funny!


1 comment:

Shayla said...

i played catch up on your blog. loved reading about aileen giggling. i could see her doing it and it made me smile. hope things continue to get better with all the stress.