Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Promptings

This post kind of reminds me of "be careful what you pray for"! Lately I have been praying to feel the Holy Ghost more in my life to listen to the promptings and then to take action. I think I've always been pretty good at this, obviously some periods of my life have been better than others, but I have been more focus on this recently and in giving service. So Sunday, as I was gathering up all my Gospel Doctrine Lesson stuff, and had Aileen in hand, and was heading out the door I walked by the piano and the thought came to me....."Carol Malone is out of town, I should take my simplified hymnbook just in case they need me to play in RS" so I added it to my bag and off to Sacrament meeting I went. Didn't really think anything of it, until Sacrament Meeting was starting 5 minutes late and not a soul was up on the stand playing music anywhere!!

Now our Wards is one of the few wards that only has 1 person who can play the organ, and only about 2 people who play the piano for Sacrament meeting when she is not there!! One is now away at college and the other must of been out of town. And of course as I said we knew Carol was out of town, because her son was getting married in Utah. Now, I know without a shadow of a doubt that Carol made arrangements.....but something happened to those arrangements and we might never know but the next thing I know I'm grabbing my simplified hymnbook and playing the piano for Sacrament meeting. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But I changed all the songs in the program to ones I felt comfortable playing, not because I had practiced mind you.....I should have gotten or listened to that prompting, lol, but because they were in a key I thought I could manage!!

Anyway, I'm sure my Mom was chuckling on the other side and saying "I told you, you should keep taking those piano lessons!!" But I also think she was there cheering me on!! Funny thing I saw about 2 other people in the audience who could play better than I could, but I guess for some reason I was suppose to!

Gospel Doctrine lesson was a breeze after that terror!! And then you guessed it, I ended up playing in Relief Society too! Funny thing that prompting!

No comments: