Sunday, October 2, 2011

In getting ready for General Conference.....



In getting ready for General Conference this last week, 3 friends, Linda Davila, MaryAnn Stephens, Anita Williams and I went to the Temple Tuesday night. I was so happy to get to go because I no longer have a babysitter for Aileen (she got married and moved away, how rude!!) so Alan goes on our Ward Temple Days usually because of being in the Bishopric as assigned, or because it was his friend that was going through for the first time, etc.... which means it had been several months since I had made it to the temple!! It was so nice to go with these particular ladies and it was really nice to go in preparation for General Conference this weekend.

Alan went on splits with the missionaries on Friday, I thought that was also a really great way to prepare for General Conference!!

My sister came to Fort Worth and we went shopping and visited Dad and Barbara Friday night. Aileen was really good at the mall.

My brother went out of town this weekend, so my nephew Tytan, was with us this weekend and I have to say getting to spend time with him is always a blast. He's 10 yrs old and it's fun for Alan to get to "hang out" with a boy! Tytan had basketball games in Frisco, that Alan took him too, but I recorded Saturday's sessions for him so that he can watch them, plus I read him all my notes!!

Sunday Conference was awesome as well, AND I got to talk to all my children today (Sunday)!! I took Tytan over to my Dad's so he could spend time with Grandpa and Grandma Barbara and he had fun visiting and playing with his cousins Lauren and Taylor!

Some of my favorite things said in Conference are:

"Memorized scripture can be an enduring friend".

"I didn't keep my testimony during those hard times, the testimony kept me".

In speaking about the Kingdom of God - "The work progresses silently, it progresses one heart, and one family at a time".

"We don't need to hold a meeting to serve, we just need to serve".

"Compared to God we are nothing, but we are everything to God".

"Let us be as quick to kneel as we are to text".

"We must look up, step up, and then we will cheer up".

"Be loyal to the royal within you"

In speaking about personal revelation from the Lord "Recognize it, trust it, and then follow it"

"Teach by the spirit, not in front of or behind the spirit, but by the spirit".

Can't wait for the November Ensign to read the wonderful words of the Apostles/Prophets that I have heard this weekend!! All and all it was a fabulous weekend!!

No comments: