Monday, October 10, 2011

Dancing With The Stars.....

This weekend was an extremely hard weekend for many reasons of which I will not go into, but the one highlight was re-watching my recording of last Monday nights "Dancing with the Stars". It was a really touching night with everyone's background stories. I don't know why I love DWTS, but I do!! I've watched all 13 seasons!! I have 3 favorites that I hope do really good. And so far they are!!!

I loved Chynna Phillips Rumba, to her own song of "Hold On"! And I really would like to see Tony (dancing pro) go all the way to win this. I love that he has a good partner this year. I've felt sorry for him when he has had difficult partners like Kate of Kate plus 8 fame and a couple of others. He has come close to winning a couple of times, so I think it would be nice for him this year.




I also really like JR, the veteran/actor, he really is a hero in so many ways and his Rumba was so emotional with the song they danced to by Tim McGraw, about a soldier who doesn't make it home. I had tears when it was over!! I don't think that has ever happened to me while watching DWTS. It really was emotional. The choreography was great at portraying the story.




But the best of the show, was Ricki Lake and she is who I would ultimately like to see win this....although any of the other two would make me happy as well, her Rumba was BEAUTIFUL !! You know how you watch the other dances and they are so good and you listen to the judges and you don't always understand why they don't judge it higher than they do.....until you see Ricki Lake and Derick Hough's dance and then witness, all the things that the judges are commenting on, on the others performances!! Their dance was just a thing of beauty, where every movement of the dance was essential to the story and it was fluid and performed basically perfectly!! I think Derick Hough is one of the best choreographers on that show.....he always makes everyone look good, but this time he has someone who can dance it beautifully as well!! (not that the other partners he won with didn't as well but I'm making a point here! lol!) I can watch their dance over and over and never get tired of watching it.




If you haven't seen it, it would be worth a trip to ABC's website http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/ to watch it!!


Can't wait to see what happens tonight!!

No comments: