Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Testimony

Testimony, you never know where you are going to be bearing it. It could be talking on your cell phone to your sister while waiting in the drive through lane at Sonic, it could be while talking to your children, it could be while doing your calling at church, OR, it could be at the Doctor's office that you work at.

Today after our last patient had left for the day I had an interesting experience with the Doctor I work for. I guess with all the talk on the news etc. of whether we are Christians, or a cult, it has made people randomly talk about "Mormons" for no apparent reason. Luckily, I am not the first member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons) to work for this Doctor. So he knows quite a bit about what we believe. He himself is Jewish and very religious, very devout. So when one of our patients said something about us (Mormons) not believing in Jesus Christ, he immediately told them that was not true, and that our Church was even called, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" - BRAVO Doctor!! Of course he likes to remind everyone that Jesus Christ was Jewish!! Indeed he was.

As he was telling me about correcting this misunderstanding by one of our patients, he went into a whole spiel to something of the effect, that all religions were good and that if God only wanted one religion on the earth, he would tell us, He would appear to man and He would make it happen. And that if God had told him that there was only one true church he (the Doctor) would let everyone know, so we could all be apart of it, and maybe a few other sentences along this line. Now normally when religion comes up because he is Jewish and very devoted to his belief's I just listen and shake my head, comment when appropriate, but because he is my boss, I do not get into religious debates. But I have to tell you when he said those particular statements, I looked right at him and said......

"Then I feel that I should let you know that God has appeared to man. That Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father did appear to Joseph Smith. And that God the Father through Jesus Christ did tell Joseph Smith that none of the Churches on the earth were the true church, that he should join none of the them and that he would have Joesph Smith bring the gospel back to the earth through him as our prophet in the latter days. And that I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the earth today."

He told me that he knew that was what I believed and that he would have been disappointed if I had said anything else.

I went home and told my husband about this experience and before I got to the last part about what the Doctor said in response, he looked at me and said, "so do you still have a job tomorrow?" ha-ha!! Yes, of course! We have been promised that when we Stand for Truth, or Stand with Jesus Christ we will lose nothing!

But if anyone would like more information about my church or if you still have any concerns about if we are Christians please go to Mormon.org or ask me!!

No comments: