Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend update

I was so excited that BYU won and won big!! TCU did the same thing, so they are gearing up for their match up this coming Friday!! I told Alan he definitely needs to get tickets for this, especially if John is coming with the team for that game as an Athletic Trainer.....We won't know until Monday or Tuesday if he is coming or not, but either way its going to be a great game and he should be there.

(John is on the right side of the football player)


We saw John several times on T.V. during the game and not just quick little shots, but times on the air where we really got to see him for several seconds before moving on. So it was a good time to go and get a picture of John from the televised Idaho State/BYU game. We always love seeing our son-in-law on t.v.


The sad news is that the Ranger lost their game on Saturday!! I kept thinking they were going to have a comeback, but I guess it just wasn't their game. I worry that I jinxed them, because Texas never wins if I watch the whole game.....and I did watch the whole game. So Game 4, I'm going to go back to ignoring the game until the 7th or 8th inning and then start watching!! They seem to win when I do that. So I will do my part! Goooooo Rangers!!



For my Gospel Doctrine Sunday school class today, It was on the letters that Paul wrote to the Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon but started with the 13th Article of Faith, where it talks about that we follow the admonition of Paul..... And talked about where does the admonition of Paul that Joseph Smith talks about come from..... Philippians 4:8. But as I was thinking about the 13th Article of Faith all week long in preparation of what I was going to teach, I kept visualizing our Family picture of us all laughing and enjoying life blown up in B&W at Kinko's with the 13th article of Faith below it. So that is what I did, and it did look like...."if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or praiseworthy or of good report, we seek after these things"!!


I'm now going to take this 24 x 36 B&W printed copy and frame it and put it above my bed so that every night and every morning it will be the 1st and last thing that I see with the admonition of Paul below it!!

2 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Gorgeous Lois!!

Sara said...

What a wonderful idea to use the 13th article of faith! And that is BEAUTIFUL picture of your family. So glad I have the internet again, get to catch up on a month's worth of your blog posts ;)