Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thank Heaven for Visiting Teachers!!

My visiting teachers are of Hispanic background and they have mentioned more than once to me that one problem they see with my culture, American or Caucasian, not sure which, maybe both, is that we never seem to ask for help!!  They may be correct!  In their culture if you need help you ask and everyone pitches in and it's taken care of.  For some reason we are brought up in my culture to do things on our own, to not ask for help as that is a sign of weakness, etc...  I'm sure there are other reasons like needing to be self reliant but I'm not sure why we hesitate to call for help!!  As you know when we got back from our trip for Allison's and John's graduation, we were sick, sick, sick, sick, sick!!  In fact we hadn't really noticed but we had not eaten for several days because it was too much effort and as long as we had Gatorade, and Diet Coke, and water we were happy campers, even Aileen!!

But thank Heavens for my visiting teachers who know without me asking, what we need!!  They brought us a beautiful Mexican casserole, and apples and oranges!!  And most importantly some CHOCOLATE!!!  I cannot tell you how fast the casserole disappeared!!  Alan and I looked at each other and Aileen and said, "Wow, I guess we were hungry weren't we!"  And I can not tell you how good it tasted to eat someone else's yummy cooking and the fruit was perfect for vitamins and feeling better!!  I took a picture of the casserole dish after 30 minutes of being in our home....
Scary right???  But thank you my angel Visiting Teachers - Magdalena Peterson and Mirta Brown!

Then on Sunday my step mom, the Relief Society President, Barbara brought us over dinner of Spaghetti and french bread, salad, fruit and Chocolate cake, and once again I was never so grateful for a dinner!!  Thanks Barbara for thinking of us, especially since Dad has been so sick too!  You have plenty to worry about without us!!

When I got back to the office, even though the Doctor is out of town, it was Professional Assistants Day and they left a present for me.....I guess they consider Medical Assistants in that "title"  They always come up with fun presents and it's always a surprise what they do.  Well, this time I got beautiful silver and pearl ear rings form "White House/Black Market" store!  I have always wanted to go in that store because I love their clothes, but was waiting to get skinny again before doing so.....but look, now I have ear rings!  The picture doesn't do them justice.  But they are awesome!!


Every thing gets back to normal now, we are feeling much better, the Doctor will be back in town and I have all the transcriptions caught up from being out of town for a week!! YAY!!

No comments: