Monday, January 13, 2014

Flat tire, really????

So Friday the 3rd after being home with sick Aileen all week, I had to go to work because there was no one else that could work that day, so I go out at 7:00 am to get to work and my passenger side front tire is flat and not just a little flat, down to the rim flat...oh, my gosh!!  So I took Alan's car, after knowing that John and Allison were coming to help watch Aileen and they could take Alan to work and then I would pick him up later....

After I got off at noon, I arranged to have my car towed to the dealer to get a new tire!  Allison and John went home and I got a lot of phone calls done, bills paid, etc. that had needed to be done and then went and picked up Alan after work and as we had respite care this night we went out on a date!!  We got me a 2014 calendar so I could start keeping track of important info, we went to dinner and then to a movie.  It was an awesome time to be with my sweetheart and take my mind off all the worries of the past week!!

Then Saturday, I had my friend Becky help me go pick up my car at the dealership and we did a little shopping!  The Doctor gave me a gift card to CATO for Christmas so I could buy new clothes as I was losing weight and would need new clothes!!  So I got 2 skirts, 4 tops, boots, jewelry.  And beecause of waiting until after Christmas I got everything on sale!!  And I loved wearing one of my new outfits Sunday!!

And even though I didn't get to wear it that Sunday because I was with Aileen at the Emergency room....the next Sunday I looked awesome!! lol!!

After, Becky couldn't go with us, but Shawna and I went to dinner and to a movie and saw 47 Ronin, which we had been told by someone that it was not a good movie.  His direct quote was "I could have lived a lifetime without ever seeing 47 Ronin".  But we had liked the trailers and wanted to see it so we took a chance!  We thought it was great!  It was tastefully done with the violence that war always has and the story was good and we really enjoyed it.
 

Anyway it was a fun day....the only thing that made me sad is that the kids came over with Charlotte while I was at the movie!!  If I would have known that, I would have stayed home for sure, but they had said they weren't coming over!!  Oh, well, Alan got to spoil Charlotte all by himself!!

On Tuesday night after watching the biggest loser, I was highly motivated to get my Christmas Present, the Elliptical, put together....and I did it!!  Whoohoo for me!! and I worked out that night after I was finished and realized it was a very good thing I was not waiting any longer...I was out of shape from the holidays and being sick and really needed to get working out again!!  Whew, not a minute too soon!!  But I love it!! Thank you my sweet children and husband!  It is AWESOME!!

No comments: