Monday, January 13, 2014

We've been sick and I'm ready for it to be over!!!

As you know basically the day after Christmas I got sick...full blown not feeling good on Friday, and at deaths door Saturday and Sunday!! Then slowly getting better after that.....

Well, Monday Aileen came down with a fever and got really sick.  Luckily I already had New Years Eve and New Years day off, but then had to stay home from work with her Thursday and then Fri Allison watched her for us while I went to work in the morning!!  We kept thinking she was getting better and we had kept her sleeping, drinking, and OTC meds going until Sunday morning when we could not deny she was not better and in fact worse!!

We went to the emergency room and they gave us an antibiotic, took chest x-rays and Yay, it was not pneumonia, just bronchitis etc... but still surprised it was not getting better so they also gave us some OTC meds to use and we went home and got all the meds gave her the antibiotic, and the OTC meds to which she proceeded to cough and cough and cough and cough all day with no break...she had to be miserable, because it had Alan and I on edge and we weren't even the ones coughing!  Then she started throwing up mucus....which we decided was a good thing until about at 8:00 at night she started really truly vomiting and not just mucus! I called the emergency room and they said yeah, we needed to bring her back in....you think?  Is what I wanted to say, but didn't.  They gave her some anti nausea medicine that they said would not only stop the vomiting, but also calms the rest of you down and makes you a little sleepy so maybe we can get her settled down and able to sleep to which I said "yes, please"!!  They also gave us an nebulizer so that if she started coughing out of control again we could gave her a couple of shots of asthma medicine to calm it down.  This all worked!



Monday and Tuesday Allison and Charlotte came to watch Aileen again so I could go to work.  And Monday worked out conveniently because Burleson's power was out and Allison and Charlotte needed somewhere warm to go!!  But really thanks to Allison, John, and Charlotte for helping us out you saved me and made it possible for me to still go to work some of the days so the Doctor wouldn't get too frustrated!!  It was a great service you gave to me and to Aileen!!

By Wednesday we gave it a try sending her to daycare....when I called that afternoon they said she was doing fine and happy!  So I was relieved.  She would still get a little worse at night with the coughing....but the coughing is the last to go and sometimes I thought I heard wheezing so I would give her the asthma medicine...but by Friday and Saturday she was back to normal!! Yay!!

Whoa, what a relief, wait a minute...what did you say Alan?  You are achy and cold, and have a sore throat!!!  Oh, now you have a temperature!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!  I went running and screaming to Church by myself and then got ready to come home and face another sick person!! Poor Alan!!  We got right on it though, so my hope is he will recover quickly!! He felt good enough to go to work today so we shall see!!

While the kids didn't have any power, they spent the night with us....so I was able to get a picture of them in their Christmas PJ's.....its tradition and this year has not gone anything like how it was supposed to, but the kids humored me so I could at least have my traditions!!  Now I only need a pic of Anne Marie in her PJ's...what you say, Anne Marie?   Don't hold my breath??? o.k.!!  Love you!!

So here is Aileen, Allison, John, and Charlotte in their Christmas PJ's even though they weren't all together at Christmas time!!

 
 
 

No comments: