Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mt. Timpanogas Temple

On Friday August 14, 2009, Allison Brown went to the Mount Timpanogas Temple to take our her endowments! It was a beautiful afternoon and many family members came to be apart of this joyous occasion! Alan and I have both said that we loved the wedding/sealing.....but that really the endowment was our favorite part of the whole weekend!

It was very special to be in the temple for that reason with our first child. We have heard other people talk about how wonderful it is, but you never really know until you have been there with a child of your own!

A funny story though, while in the Temple waiting for Allison to come into the instruction room, a temple worker came running up to me saying that she just had to meet my daughter, that her son Shawn had been her Home Teacher and she really needed to meet her. Now while she is going on and on about "just having to meet my daughter" I'm thinking, I know there is a Shawn in her group of friends, but I thought her Home Teacher was named Shane. But she was so insistent, that I thought I must have mixed up the names. So I tell her that Shawn was a very good Home Teacher and that I'm thankful and she says "Oh, I know he was, I know he was" then proceeds to say "and I hear she's pregnant" and I am totally startled and I say "Who?" and she says "your daughter!" I immediately say "I don't think so......she's not even married yet..." at which point the woman says "What is your daughter's name" and I say "Allison" to which she says "Oh, I'm looking for Michelle". I was pretty shaken up for a few minutes...but I was finally able to put it behind me and just enjoy the wonderful moment!!!!!

At Grandma's before heading for the Temple

Walking into the Temple - a very happy day!
More to come........

1 comment:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That's so wonderful!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!!