Monday, November 9, 2009

Celebrating Alan's Birthday and Missionary Splits


We went to Salt Grass last Monday to celebrate Alan's Birthday! It's his favorite place to get a steak! My Sister Elizabeth and her husband, Art came as well as my Dad and Aileen! I think Aileen likes it being the only child at home because she gets to be with all the adults and go everywhere we go! It was a really good dinner and we all had a good time visiting and being together!


Friday, I went with the sister missionaries on splits. My first time of doing this. It was a wonderful experience and I really was amazed at these two sisters testimony and commitment to preach the gospel to those who have not yet received it! Especially their ease at challenging people and then just waiting for the answer during the long silence sometimes. I was very impressed that they never squirmed and then watched the joy as someone took that challenge and said, yes! It was truly amazing! I am glad that I was able to participate in reading scripture, bearing testimony and praying with these investigators, or inactive members. I look forward to doing it again!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Alan!!
I went on splits once with the sister missionaries and it was an awesome experience. I hope you get to keep yours longer than we got to.