Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving....

We had an amazing Thanksgiving. But it was always obvious that my Mom was missing and it just wasn't the same....but Elizabeth and I gave it a valiant effort and I think everyone enjoyed....except for my 1st attempt at Sweet Potatoes! I don't like them so I never make them, my Mom always did, but my father loves them so of course I needed to make some for him. Well, I was fired as the sweet potato maker (they were bad) and Elizabeth is going to make them for Christmas! Which was my secret plot all along (not really). We had a nice day with my sister and her husband, my dad and Alan, Aileen, and myself. All my other kids were either in Utah or Seattle celebrating Thanksgiving this year. But they will all be here for Christmas and I cannot wait.

For FHE last Monday I asked everyone to list things that they were thankful for. It was very nice to see what was important to everyone and Alan loved that our new son-in-law listed ESPN as one of the things he was grateful for.

The next day we picked up my Dad from the office where he had gone in to clean out a closet and took him to the new movie "The Blind Side" It was my husband's and Dad's first time at the Movie Tavern and I think they enjoyed the experience and I know they loved the movie. We talked about it all the way home and even after.... it was so fun to do something like go to the show with my Dad and husband.....2 of the 3 most important men in my life! The only thing better would have been if my new son would have been along as well! But it was a special date time for me!!!! And the movie was awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lois,

There is a story this month in the Ensign about an elderly husband who takes care of his wife when she is sick. It is really sweet. I did not know a lot about your mom and dad but I did know that she was in a wheelchair in Temple Square that day and that he did a lot to take care of her. So I thought about you guys when I read that sweet story.

Oh.. and I miss the frequent blog updates!! Where is Allison going for Christmas this year?