Sunday, November 1, 2009

Scrapbooking....

These past 2 yrs I have not scrapbooked and in fact lost a lot of interest in even doing it.....this last year it was understandable with the wedding plans etc..., but really I had lost interest in it before. Just recently I have been very frustrated with things I have no control over and obsessing over them.....so I had an epiphany the other day. I need to focus my obsession and frustration on something I could have control of. So there are a a lot of bridal showers, wedding receptions, wedding luncheons etc.... that I have pictures for that have not had anything done with them. So I went and loaded up on paper and stickers etc....... no I won't tell you how much that cost, then I went and printed out 218 photos at Walmart and have started scrapbooking. I've noticed my style has changed, I'm more about less this time around, but they still look good and it definitely tells the story of my daughter's courtship and marriage and I have stopped obsessing about the other stuff that I have no control over. Who would have ever thought scrapbooking would be therapeutic! Or as they say in the movie "New In Town" I'm a scraper!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

I can TOTALLY vouch for SCRAPBOOKING being therapeutic! It's what I do to get away from it ALL! My escape from mortality..other than going to the Temple, of course! After a long hard week with 2 kids while my husband is in school, I retire to the Scrapbook store with a friend and we crop the night away! Just what I need to get myself charge up and ready for another week! I hope you post some of your layouts when you get done!! Would LOVE to see your work!